Friday, 1 October 2010

Alter It Monthly.



This month at alter it monthly there is an Ethereal incorporeal type of theme, I Love Autumn and all that it brings. Halloween, fireworks, my sons birthday and my birthday, its a good time for us. So i made an Autumn spirit / nymph.
She used to be a blob of greyish concrete I found in a derelict garden, but i used the "modern Masters Iron paint and rusting solution" to make her fit in with the autumn colours of rusts and coppers and golds. As well as adding rusted and crackle copper leaves to her base I have given her wings of bark from a tree branch that had fallen in the woods behind my house. To finish her off shes got a crown made from a gold twig (fake) and some VINTAJ Brass dragonflies and butterflies. As well as the autumn nymph I HAD to make a litle halloween piece as I LOVE Halloween. It's a wooden cheese box altered with Spiced marmalade and soot distress inks then sprayed with harvest orange glimmer mists. I painted some paper flowers and leaves black and sprayed them with the harvest orange glimmer mists too. Stamped the word "boo" around the side a few times and stuck on black lace, black feathers and clear gems. The skull is grungeboard and was sent to me By linda Balldock 2 years ago. ( thank you Linda)
PS there is a prize to be had if you take part in the challenge on Alter It Monthly.

4 comments:

  1. Love the nymph, and sense a theme with one of your previous works. Must be the berries.

    Adore the cheese box! I always wonder what I am supposed to do with them as I want to use them and they end up being tossed. Now I have some ideas.

    Mary Wilkins
    marymarg27608@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pleased i found your blog.... interesting things you do .......x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, I know that it's an overused word but I am absolutely lost for words to express who original, stunning, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is beautiful, I don't know if I've had the chance to comment on your blog yet or not, but I saw you post somewhere and found your blog and was just completely inspired! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete