Monday, 13 September 2010

MeltPot lesson from Ginger part 2 & MMM


I really had been wanting to see what can be done with a melt pot and UTEE for a long time and My lessons with ginger continued. Still in awe of the melt pot and now becoming aware of HOW much I need one.
After teaching me the Faux leading, Ginger showed me the technique of pouring the UTEE out in to a frame on top of a rubber stamp to get a great embossed surface (or is it de-bossed?).

Again Ginger supplied most of everything except the dragonfly (including the all too precious cogs) the UTEE has touches of Inkagold paint burnished over it.. I got to take it home with me. it was like going to a real life class demo lol... And Because this is something I have been gagging to try for ages and at last got to, I am entering it for Mixed Media Monday this week.

20 comments:

  1. okay I need a tutorial of this...I heart everything you have been doing...well lets be honest I have always loved your work...but now I am envious...I want all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is really cool!!! Love it!! It's so unique! :0) great piece for this weeks theme too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is super gorgeous work!!! wow!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bravo!!! turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would buy this pendant! That's how much I admire it... must show my friend this as she has recently bought a melt pot. Thanks for sharing Zuzu. Does Ginger blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise ~ This is absolutely gorgeous. I have never heard about any of this stuff...you have inspired me to check it out. I really love this wonderful piece...great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow and wow again! What an absolutely stunning piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW gorgeous work Louise, love everything about it.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! How lucky you are to have the lessons!
    Inka :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is amazing, I have a melt pot but rarely use it apart from cooking polymer or melting wax. Love what you achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks really cool, love everything about it.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is fantastic. Thank you for visiting my blog and putting such a sweet comment :)
    Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This piece is fabulous! I would love to hear more about faux leading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Zuzu,
    I just stopped by to tell you about my "rust" story that I just posted...it's sure to give you a giggle...It's called What This Woman Will do for Art...I know you'll be laughing at my antics.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete