Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Melt pot lessons from ginger

Please click on image for detail.
I haven't got a melt pot so, on my annual visit to my friend ginger's she showed me how to use hers. My first piece here is Faux leading on glass. I used two glass slides ( ginger's) and some images (ginger's) sandwiched them together and then under instruction from Ginger I sealed them together with UTEE straight from the melt pot. I decided then and there I HAD to get one for my Christmas LOL. anyway I then added some filigree corner embellishments and bent them around the glass (those were actually mine LOL ) and ginger gave me some chain. I also added a butterfly (also mine) and some pearls (gingers). I was then very generous and gave it to Ginger as a gift. LOL not so generous was it, as it was nearly ALL her stuff ....

8 comments:

  1. awesome - that had better go on your list straight away. Haven't had mine out for a while but this is inspiring. Was it a metallic utee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it Z! but then I again I love anything you turn your hand too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both
    cindy .. I e-maild you with some info . hope it helps x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby dabby. Your faux soldering looks better than the real thing, lol. This is a lovely piece, but like Paula, I love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love faux soldering - so much easier than the real thing or trying to stick the metal strip around the edges - you get a much better look don't you.

    As per usual - this is just perfect and you always manage a lovely 'twist' - glad you had a lovely holiday with Ginger - would have loved to have been a fly wall - I bet you had so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous piece as always - love the faux soldering - its the only kind that I can do !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like lots of fun was had, i've still not tried the faux soldering technique and i've had my pot ages {shame on me} your piece looks awesome and i'm sure ginger was chuffed to have it as a gift x

    ReplyDelete