Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Mr Blue Bird.(mixed media monday)


Its Our wedding anniversary on the 4th of July so i thought i should make something for mike. He loves my stuff but its always very girlie. So I have added a slight masculine touch to this and the quote is from the song "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah". Mike really is like the blue bird on my shoulder. no matter how bad things get hes right there to support me and whisper words of encouragement in my ear. The little bird has a coat of copper gilt polish on it which looks great in real life but its looking like plain old brown patches in the photo.
The main image is a paper bag studio stamp from the set imagined. The frame and leaves were coloured using Versamagic dew drops.
I would also like to enter it in to mixed media monday. "something new". This piece is a gift to celebrate my wedding anniversary with Mike and that reminds me of the rhyme something old something new something borrowed something blue... the paper is old, the frame and the moulds for the butterfly and bird are NEW as is the black flourish stamp, The Quote is borrowed from the song an the bird is blue .

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift your hubby will adore!! Happy Anniversary to you, ZuZu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is oustanding!!! What a unique style you have.I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aawww it made me teary when you said about Mike being like 'a blue bird on your shoulder and that no matter how bad things get hes right there to support you and whisper words of encouragement in your ear.'

    Hope you both enjoy your wedding anniversary on July 4th xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how sometimes you open a blog and an image takes your breath away? This did it for me! I love everything about it. Thanks so much for sharing it, and Happy Anniversary to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work Louise, it always has so much detail and is so beautiful. This is no exception and I'm sure your Mike will be delighted with it. Happy Anniversary for the 4th x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! This is so very beautiful! I love all the detail - the blue bird especially - I'm sure he will LOVE it and happy anniversary this weekend,
    Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo its lurvely :D
    Congrats on your wedding anniversary too :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this piece hun and lucky you (I have a cracker of a hubby too though he he)

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. .... just want to add that ALL of your creations are GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely and this just shows how versatile you can be with your art as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you put art all together. The little bird and the awesome frame...very delightful. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another stunningly beautiful piece! Love it! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your steampunk and mixed media. I love the colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete