Saturday, 1 May 2010

Alter it monthly "tin pan alley"

Over on Alter it monthly, Metal is the theme. I had fun with this as its such an open theme. I have three objects to share. Firstly a nicho, designed to look steampunk... Opening the doors to a glimpse of some strange machinery...
Secondly I have an assemblage made from a reclaimed brass drawer pull, some vintage and new clock and watch parts and a metal dragonfly, adorned with some dangley beads...Lastly I have an altered tobacco tin... very quick and simple to do. I have done the tin in a ladies writing bureau theme.

5 comments:

  1. Amazing pieces of work - oh how I wish !!!!!You are such an inspiration xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh Z, what a fab post,it's like a homage to metal, inspirational pieces as always, I may have to pinch one of these creations when i'm through lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All 3 pieces are stunning. Loving what you are doing here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby, just loving the ladies writing desk tin, great pieces of inspiration Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great metal work, love it all :) What do you use to glue pieces of metal together?
    Thank you for visiting my blog, I love to find new blogs to visit :)

    ReplyDelete