Sunday, 4 April 2010

Woodland Canvas


OMG ..... She actually MADE something!

Well after having a year off to get over some personal stuff... I am back to crafting. I have often wanted to make something using twigs!random statement. But from the first time a saw a piece by the beautiful Lana George, with branches I have wanted to try it. I have seen many people use them to great effect and yet every time I stuck branches on to anything I had made for that purpose, it never worked and looked ridiculous. Well today I have mad a woodlan canvas. Its about two and a half feet tall and one and a half foot across (this is a guess as i didn't measure it). Its felt very big to me as I am not used to making large pieces. it a textured background built up with texture paste and fusible film..beads.. mica.. embossing powders etc and the main image was stamped on to hand made paper which was added to layers of paper and then hung by a chain from the branches.

9 comments:

  1. And what a return Louise ... those colours are striking and as always loads of detail, great to have you back x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to see you creating again....and this piece is totally divine - love the texture on the main background.Hope this is the first of many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!!!
    I love the colours and the texture :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow talk about making a grand return. It is so lovely to see you blogging again AND with such a stunning masterpiece. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, Wonderful, beyond words! So gald to see you back and that your year away did not stiffle your creativity...just made it better.

    I too have always wanted to play with "twigs" but can never find any.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am literally shaking, with tears in my eyes to see you back - and creating.

    I have missed you so very very much - and words can't express how happy I am to see you not only creating - but excelling yourself

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've dived straight back in! An awesome piece, love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. heyyyyyyyyyyy..how ya doin'!

    I HAVE missed seeing all your gorgeous texture and colour. Great to see you back again. x

    ReplyDelete