Thursday, 22 April 2010

DPOV (Different points of view)

I am taking part in a DPOV on my forum. the first stamp up for the challenge was one by crafty individuals. Here are my three efforts...

the first is a jumbo tag about 7 inches tall. it was made by layering the image in stages. Please click on images to enlarge for detail.I used some paper I had rusted in a metal tray for a few days to stamp the full image on firstly.. secondly i used a German scrap wing over the wing on the image. I then stamped the image again on paper sprayed with glimmer mists and cut out the lady and glued her in place, next was the frame.. i printed the image on to paper sprayed with aqua glimmer mist and cut it out.. lastly i stamped out the word "angel"and accented with glossy accents. I also stamped out a post mark and replaced the one on the image with my rusty paper one.
This layered image was stuck on to a torn book page from a vintage copy of a mid summers night dream. and added to the tag also torn edges and stamped and embossed with gold wings, with pieces of rusted lace paper doily. Beaded ribbon added at the bottom. (from Dunelm)...

The next piece is an art Doll...
made with a bottle cap.. reclaimed vintage chain, reclaimed beads and stamp board. the wings are from a feather butterfly that i stained to look less garish and bright.

My last piece is a little Metal plaque in the shape of a house with a filigree embellishment at the top. Stamped with a music background stamp.. with rust and verdigris added. I stamped out the image and cut out the lady.. tinted her stuck her on along with typewriter style sticker letters. i also stamped a small bee on to the corner.

11 comments:

  1. WOW each piece is really lovely, beautiful textures and feeling in each!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zuzu your work rock and is really special and unique.
    Fantastic pieces of art. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW, these are just awesome!! wonderful textures and details, I LOVE the doll. the colours and design is so great!! Standing ovations to you!! BRAVO!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing artwork as ever - if I had to choose a fabourite it would be the second one but I love em all

    x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This takes my breath away

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh me, Oh my, what fabulous works of art - and totally different interpretations - all beautiful and absolute treasures.

    May I ask what did you use for the verdigris effect please? It's so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you Lottie.. yes .. the verdigris on the top triangular part was achieved by dabbing alcohol ink on in the colour STREAM.. rubbing it in so its not too strong with some blending solution. then i took a piece of my rusted paper and rubbed it over the top... the rust comes off the paper and sticks to the item

    the verdigris at the bottom is verdigris embossing powder.. not as effective as the top part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BRILLIANT, WAY TO GO LOUISE.

    HAD A GREAT CATCH UP TODAY.

    CHRISS X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow these are amazing- I wouldn't have a clue where to begin with something like these!!! :-O
    J xx

    ReplyDelete